- Develop and conduct maritime security education, training and exercise with maritime security stake holders,
- Conduct maritime security trials with R&D organisations,
- Support IMO on anti-piracy co-operation procedures between and among sponsor nations, organizations and maritime industry,
- If requested, co-operate in the context of maritime security with other multinational entities (IMO WG MARITIME SECURITY & PIRACY, BIMCO, IFSMA, ICS, ISO, CLIA, IPTA, IACS, IAASP, ITF, P&I, WCO, ICMA, SIGTTO, RINA, ICC, OCIMF, INTERTANKO, INTERCARGO, IMB, UK MTO, COE CSW, CJOS COE, JCBRN COE, COE NMWC, NMIOTC, CCOE, NSC etc.),
- Establish the regional maritime security community of interest.